South Carolina Certified Law Enforcement
The Rock Hill Police Department is currently offering a hiring incentive up to $5,000 for South Carolina Certified law enforcement officers. To qualify, candidates must:
- Be a South Carolina Class 1, certified law enforcement officer
- Have served at least 12 months as a certified law enforcement officer for a South Carolina law enforcement agency
- Currently serve as a certified law enforcement officer for a South Carolina law enforcement agency, (excluding any law enforcement agency in York county), or recently have served in such a position within the previous 12 months
- Not have previously served as a police officer for the Rock Hill Police Department (unless waived by the Chief of Police)
- Must meet all of the Rock Hill Police Department’s hiring standards
If hired, eligible lateral transfers will receive the bonus at the end of the six-month probationary period. Qualifying officers with 1 to 4 years of service will receive $2,500. Qualifying officer with 5 or more years of service will receive $5,000. In addition to the signing bonuses offered by the Rock Hill Police Department, officers who remain with the agency can expect to receive a 5% salary increase after successful completion of the probationary period.